Nourishment to Support Your Healing
Are you struggling with a health issue that just won’t go away? Personal nutrition counseling with me is custom-made for you.
If you want to:
- Have normal, predictable digestion without pain or disruptions
I didn’t need someone to tell me what a serving of vegetables was. I needed someone who could help me. Denise was the one who helped me. Kim K, Newport Beach
- Ease symptoms of an autoimmune disorder
- Improve and even reverse heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes
- Prevent migraines
- Figure out your food allergies
- Relieve inflammation and chronic pain
Personal nutrition counseling is the quickest, most effective way to improve your health and get back the life you want. Hundreds of my clients are feeling better after changing their diets, and are so happy they took the first step.
You can feel better. Let’s do this together.
I’m Denise Canellos and I am a Board Certified Nutritionist who specializes in helping people with chronic disease feel better. I love food, and firmly believe that good, healing food should be delicious and easy to make.
When my father had a heart attack back in the early 1990s, it was a wake up call for my whole family. He recovered, but the dietary guidelines he was given left a lot to be desired both in tasty food and variety. It was hard to stick with and not especially effective.
I knew there had to be a better way.
Then my husband George was diagnosed with colon cancer at 38, when our daughter was just two months old. Through his struggle, the dietary advice we got was again less than stellar. No one seemed to know how to help us, what he should eat and how to eat well to make treatment easier. While the doctors and nurses were fantastic, they were not trained in nutrition for this type of chronic illness. And it seemed that the hospital dietician wasn’t trained for it , either.
It was devastating for our family when George died from his cancer. For years after that I felt a pull to help others navigate the confusing world of healthcare and nutrition.
So when my daughter was old enough, I went to graduate school to learn how our bodies work, and what science had to say about nutrition and healing. What I learned was astonishing: we not only have scientific proof that the food we eat can contribute to our illness, we have proof it can dramatically impact our healing. After finishing my Masters Degree in Human Nutrition, I passed my American College of Nutrition Board exam and started my practice. Now I get to spend my days helping people like you get back their health, their strength and their hope.
My purpose as your nutritionist is to support you in your healing and make sure you get the results you desire. Things can get better faster than you might think. Let’s start!
What is it like to work with me?
- I will get to know you, what you like and don’t like, and be your partner during the whole process.
- You will receive a customized plan based on scientific research, education and experience; not hype or the latest fad. The steps we take will absolutely work for you, and we will tweak them as we go to make sure you are getting what you need.
- Your plan will take into account the challenges that come with not feeling well all the time. You will know what to eat to have more energy, to sleep better, to ease digestion and to nourish yourself.
- Your plan will give you peace of mind, knowing that you are eating the best you can even in a difficult situation to help heal yourself.
So often illness makes us feel powerless. You can take back some power and control by choosing to use nutrition to complement your medical treatment.
If you are here because your physician referred you to me, welcome. We can work together to make you and your physician very happy with your progress.
Over the years I have found that the most effective way to get results is to meet either in person, via Skype or Face Time, or over the phone. A combination of 60-minute strategy sessions and short follow-up sessions to fine tune your plan will keep you on track and make nutrition therapy extremely effective.
Pick the package that fits you best, call me at 949-681-8261 or send me an email with the form below, and we will make your first appointment to get you started. Any questions? Give me a call 949-681-8261. It’s easy!
We will meet for 60 minutes, with a week of follow-up email support.
This is perfect if you have worked with me in the past and just need a tune-up, or if you have a quick issue to resolve.
Eight Week Custom Jumpstart
If you want to:
- Eat healthfully with a busy schedule
- Feed your family healthfully
- Use nutrition strategies to prevent a health issue that runs in your family
- Improve a health issue such as heartburn
- Learn how to follow a special diet (gluten free, vegan, etc.)
We will have three 60-minute strategy sessions, three 20-minute check-in sessions, and email updates over six weeks. This program is also great for getting back on track if you’ve drifted from your goals.
If you want to:
- Get and keep your blood sugar in the normal range
- Normalize your cholesterol and triglycerides
- Reduce inflammation and chronic pain
- Learn how to identify and manage food allergies
- Learn how to improve an autoimmune condition with your diet
- Get to a healthy weight that makes you feel good
We will have six 60-minute strategy sessions and six 20-minute telephone check-in sessions, along with email support. A total of 12 sessions plus email support! All sessions must be used within one year of purchase.
My unconditional guarantee: if you find that you are not getting the results you want through the work we do together, I will reimburse you for any unused sessions. No hassle, no problems, and no hard feelings. Guaranteed.
Any questions? Call me at 949-681-8261 and I’ll be happy to answer them. You can do this.
Ready to book an appointment? Click here.